- Our Grant Programs
- Our Staff
- About Us
- Contact Us
For more information about our events or to plan an event with us, contact The Education Team at 612-870-4255.
Join us for a free screening event! We will be screening children 5 and younger, and pregnant/nursing women.
* FREE Lead Testing at Nokomis East Food Distribution - Wednesday, October 14th 2-4pm-5734 Sander Dr., Minneapolis 55417
* Spanish Lead Safe Work Practices Course Via Zoom - Wednesday, October 14th 4-6pm - contact (612)872-3287 for registration
* English Lead Safe Work Practices Course Via Zoom - Saturday, October 17th 9-11am - contact (612)872-3287 for registration
* FREE Lead testing at Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church Food Distribution - Saturday, October 24th 10-12pm - 3355 N 4th St, Minneapolis 55412
* FREE Lead testing at Hawthorne Neighborhood Roll Along - Saturday, October 24th 12-2pm - We will be driving around the Hawthorne neighborhood. Call (612)306-6631 to confirm location.
* Lead Education Resources at Nokomis East Food Distribution - Wednesday, October 28th 2-4pm - 5734 Sander Dr., Minneapolis 55417
* Virtual Lead Poisoning Presentation 101 - Wednesday, October 28th 2-3pm - Somali Community Resettlement Program; contact (612)872-3287 for zoom link.
* "Test and Treat" FREE Lead Testing event- Wednesday, October 28th 6-8pm - 2900 Freemont Ave. N., Minneapolis, 55411
- What to Expect from Screening Events
A small sample of blood is taken via a capillary finger stick, which feels only temporarily uncomfortable, like a quick pinprick.
Samples are processed on-site through a LeadCare machine, which gives you results after 3 minutes.
We'll offer information about the health effects of lead poisoning, where lead might be in your home and give you information about our grant programs, which can help you remediate lead hazards in your home.