- Our Grant Programs
- Our Staff
- About Us
- Contact Us
SRC has the following positions available:
JOB TITLE: HEALTHY HOMES/LEAD HAZARD CONTROL CREW MEMBER
Reduce lead hazards in families homes though elimination and/or remediation of lead.Crew Members will work in families’ homes from all cultures in a variety of settings. Crew Members work in coordination with SRC’s lead program and weatherization program and other community partners.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
SPECIALIZED CLEANING: Effectively remove lead dust from homes to reduce lead hazard.
LEAD HAZARD CONTROL ACTIVITY: Stabilize and paint deteriorated surfaces. Repaint or enclose stabilized surfaces. Replace windows; contain work area to meet state and federal standards.
HOME REPAIR WORK: General carpentry and/or repairs/replacement of home safety equipment, e.g. handrails, grab bars.
AC DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION: Deliver and install window and through-wall air conditioners.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively communicate with diverse populations, fellow crew members, supervisors, and government agencies.
- Passion for helping low-income families is a must! If you have not had the necessary training, we will provide it for you.
- Must be able to wear provided protective safety equipment as required by State and Federal Law including half-mask respirators, protective eyewear, shoe covers, Tyvex suits, and work gloves.
- Crew members must be willing to work in families' homes and in a variety of settings that may feel uncomfortable.
- Must be able to follow directions, but have the ability to problem-solve as needed.
- Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds. Must be able to work on hands and knees, and in small or tight places and/or on ladders.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Lead Worker License and EPA RRP Training preferred or the ability to attain license within 30 days of hire.
- Must be able to pass BCA background check and have valid, insurable driver's license and must be willing to drive organization's vehicles to worksites.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please e-mail your resume to Tasha Julius at T.Julius@src-mn.org . If you have any questions, please call her at 612-872-3291.