SRC has the following positions available:
JOB TITLE:CREW MEMBER – WEATHERIZATION/INSULATION/LEAD HAZARD CONTROL
Crew Members will make homes more energy efficient by air sealing and insulating attics, walls, and basements. Crew members will reduce lead hazards in families homes though elimination and/or remediation of hazards.Crew Members will work in families’ homes from all cultures in a variety of settings. Crew Members will coordinate their activities with SRC’s lead program and weatherization program and other community partners as identified. Crew Members report to SRC Crew Supervisors and Production Manager.
1. Crew Members will work in homes doing weatherization reducing lead and other healthy homes hazards. Duties may include:
· Light carpentry/General Repair
· Painting, scraping, sanding or otherwise stabilizing painted surfaces;
· Installing blown and dense packed insulation in walls and attics;
· Retro fit crawl spaces with vapor barriers and rim joist insulation
· Air sealing attic bypasses with a variety of techniques
· Installation of replacement windows;
· Specialized cleaning
· Minor landscaping
· Work in Tight spaces and on ladders including attics, crawl spaces and roofs 90%
2.Other duties as assigned. 10%
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to wear provided protective safety equipment as required by State and Federal Law, and participate in appropriate testing to determine as much. This includes half-mask respirators and tyvex suits.
Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds. Must be able to work on hands and knees and in small tight places.
Carpentry/Repair Skills, previous Insulation or painting skills.
Lead worker license
EPA RRP training
Team player; attention to detail and problem solving skills
Working with various housing types and diverse populations.
COMPENSATION:Full-time position for 40 hours/week Salary range $12 - $15/hour based on experience. Paid health and dental care, vacation and sick time
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Tasha Julius at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to Tasha Julius, Sustainable Resources Center 1081 10th
Ave SE Minneapolis, MN 55414